21st July 2016, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?

I am working as an assistant Professor in Geography and have three years of teaching experience. I have also done NNRMS course in Remote Sensing and GIS from IIRS, ISRO Dehradun. Is there any scholarship available for professionals to pursue Phd from abroad through distance mode also. In India which universities are offering PhD in geography through Distance Mode.

1st April 2017, 06:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am working as an assistant Professor in Geography and have three years of teaching experience. I have also done NNRMS course in Remote Sensing and GIS from IIRS, ISRO Dehradun. Is there any scholarship available for professionals to pursue Phd from abroad through distance mode also. In India which universities are offering PhD in geography through Distance Mode.

Yes, it is possible to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode in IGNOU. The eligibility to pursue PhD in Geography in IGNOU through distance mode will be a pass in Master’s Degree in Geography from a recognized university with at least 55% marks. The candidates holding M.Phil or NET or SET examinations in geography will be exempted from the Entrance Test conducted by the IGNOU. Other candidates have to appear for an Entrance Test and Interview for the admission to the PhD in Geography in IGNOU. They have to present the synopsis before the Discipline Doctoral Committee at the time of interview. You have to apply online only for the admission to the PhD in Geography in IGNOU. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
29th December 2019, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?

How to get phd in geography from distance education???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?