8th May 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have completed M.Sc Organic Chemistry long back?

Sir/Mam,

i ve done msc in organic chemistry in the year 1999 what is the procedure for phd whether i am eligible or not? Can someone share with me the steps which we need to follow up to apply for the Ph.D course? Awaiting for the answer.
natasha

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Organic Chemistry with UGC-JRF certificate if completed M.Sc in Physical Chemistry?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in Organic Chemistry at Delhi University being a Physical Chemistry postgraduate with UGC-JRF?
  3. Am I eligible for Ph.D in abroad after qualifying MSc Organic Chemistry?
  4. Universities offering PhD in organic chemistry on the par time basis or correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to do Ph.d in Chemistry after scoring 54% marks in MSc Organic Chemistry?
  6. Can I study correspondence PhD in Organic Chemistry if completed M.Sc about 18 years ago?
  7. How to do part time Ph.D course in organic chemistry? List of the colleges for the same? I have completed my M.Sc in chemistry and working in Pharma company in R&D Department from past 2 years
  8. Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?
  9. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  10. How to find good colleges and good guide for PhD? Is NET necessary for pursuing PhD?
  11. Which are the government jobs after doing MSc Organic Chemistry?
  12. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Organic Chemistry? List of institutes in Germany?
  13. What to do now after completing MSc in Organic Chemistry? Which all places am I eligible to work apart form Pharma and Chemical Companies?
  14. After MSc in Organic Chemistry how can I pursue Ph.d in Germany? Eligibility criteria and the list of institutes in Germany?
  15. For how many government jobs am I eligible after completing MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  16. How to pursue masters in Chemistry after completing BSc in chemsitry from DU? What is the minimum marks required to get into MSc? What is the scope of MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  17. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  18. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
8th May 2015, 11:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have completed M.Sc Organic Chemistry long back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

i ve done msc in organic chemistry in the year 1999 what is the procedure for phd whether i am eligible or not? Can someone share with me the steps which we need to follow up to apply for the Ph.D course? Awaiting for the answer.
natasha
You have completed M.Sc in Organic Chemistry so you are eligible to do Ph.D course but you must have CSIR NET score card.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

www.csirhrdg.res.in/
8th May 2015, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have completed M.Sc Organic Chemistry long back?

Yes, you can surely apply for Ph.D admission if you have got at least 55% marks in your Master's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University. If you have been in professional field of the given subject then it will help you in admission because those who have 5 years of professional experience are exempted from any Ph.D entrance exam.

Also, those who have NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score are exempted from entrance exam. Hence, apply when the notification is released by the respective University and don't worry about your gap if have valid reason for that gap. Qualification is a qualification whether it is obtained today or 15 years ago.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?