30th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Ph.D program after a long gap of completing M.Com course with 53.4% marks?

Sir/Mam,

I complete my m.com.in 1996 with 53.4% can i join phd program.Am I eligible to join Ph.D program after a long gap of completing M.Com course with 53.4% marks? Can someone please let me know the information on this as soon as possible to me as its already late?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program in Microbiology?
  2. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  3. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  4. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  5. How can i get into Acturial Science after M.Sc. (Maths Honours) completion?
  6. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to pursue direct Ph.D from Delhi University in Political Science? Last date of submission of forms?
  8. Procedure to join PHD in Physics from USA? Foreign universities where GRE is not required?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university?
  10. Information about the universities of USA offering Ph.D without GRE? Procedure to join?
  11. How to do Ph.D from Japan, Germany or US after completing B.Tech Biotech with 74%? What is the scholarship program for it? Can I do Ph.D without investing money?
  12. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply?
  13. What is the procedure to join Pre Ph.D in commerce after completing M.Com
  14. Am i eligible to get admission in CA intermediate after completing B.Com with 48% marks?
  15. List of the universities offering Ph.D program for a candidate having 5 years gap after M.Sc?
  16. Am I eligible to do PhD if having lot of gap between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  17. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university? How will be the entrance exam?
31st July 2015, 01:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D program after a long gap of completing M.Com course with 53.4% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I complete my m.com.in 1996 with 53.4% can i join phd program.Am I eligible to join Ph.D program after a long gap of completing M.Com course with 53.4% marks? Can someone please let me know the information on this as soon as possible to me as its already late?
You have got 53.4 % marks in M.Com so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Ph.D eligibility criteria in India:-

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE, UGC NET, CSIR NET etc score.
31st July 2015, 05:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D program after a long gap of completing M.Com course with 53.4% marks?

With 53.4% marks in M.Com you are not eligible for admission in PH.D program because minimum marks required is 55% in post graduation. Only chance for you will be when you belong to reserved category after getting relaxation of 5% marks.

Therefore, apply only when you belong to reserved category and if you belong to general category then there is no chance for you in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?