30th September 2015, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D after completion of M.Com through distance education?

Sir/Mam,

I have done my m.com through distance education from IDOL under GUWAHATI UNIVERSITY..can i pursue PHD now? Am I eligible for it or not? Can you please let me know the information on the same? Awaiting to get a quick reply from you all.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  2. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  4. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  5. How to do M.Tech under distance education after completion of B.Tech through Distance Education?
  6. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  7. Am I eligible for PhD after completion of MBA and CA-Articleship? Universities offering PhD in external or distance mode?
  8. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  9. Phd in Microbiology & Immunology through distance education while doing job?
  10. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  11. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  12. Is this possible for me to do Ph.D after completion of MBA through Distance Education?
  13. Is there a BAL course in Annamalai University? How should I pursue LLB course through distance?
  14. Can I get a job in ISRO or any bachelor astronomy course after completion of distance education in BSc Physics?
  15. Procedure of doing PhD through distance education from Annamalia University?
  16. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  17. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue 3 years LLB course? I want to do for distance education course

1st October 2015, 01:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D after completion of M.Com through distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have done my m.com through distance education from IDOL under GUWAHATI UNIVERSITY..can i pursue PHD now? Am I eligible for it or not? Can you please let me know the information on the same? Awaiting to get a quick reply from you all.
You have done M.Com course from Guwahati University so you are eligible for Ph.D course because your degree is recognized.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.

1st October 2015, 06:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D after completion of M.Com through distance education?

If the distance education university is recognized and you have got above 55% marks in post graduation then you are definitely eligible for PH.D admission. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.
Hence, don't worry about distance mode degree if you have done it from a recognized university. Just be prepared for the exam and interview stages.

27th August 2019, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE MY MCOM FROM IDOL, CAN I DO PHD???

20th September 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done masters from Mumbai University, am I eligible for PhD?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?