18th February 2016, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Tech?

Sir,
I want to do PhD in Biotechnology. I am pursuing B.Tech in Biotechnology. So, after my B.Tech I can do PhD? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria to do PhD in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  4. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
  5. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  6. List of universities which am eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of Biotechnology course?
  7. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in Ph.D?
  8. Which is better to opt among B.Sc and B.Tech for study PhD in Biotechnology?
  9. Can I get admission to study PhD(Biotechnology) with full scholarship in US without appearing in GRE?
  10. Is it better to do job after BSc Biotech? Is it necessary to do masters after that?
  11. Am I eligible to study PhD in Forensic Science being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  12. What are the career opportunities available after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?
  13. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  14. List of reputed universities which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India?
  15. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  16. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?
  17. Possibility to study PhD(Biotechnology) in Harvard University for M.Sc student?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Biotechnology having done B.Tech in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering and M.Tech in Technology Management? Am I eligible for CSIR NET Exam?
20th February 2016, 07:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I want to do PhD in Biotechnology. I am pursuing B.Tech in Biotechnology. So, after my B.Tech I can do PhD? Please reply as soon as possible.
You have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
20th February 2016, 11:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yes, you are eligible to study PhD in Bioresources and Biotechnology from TERI University. The eligibility is a pass in B.Tech degree in relevant field with 70% marks. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. The website link is Click Here.

You can also do the PhD in IIT Bombay; the eligibility is a pass in B.Tech with 60% marks and a valid GATE/CSIR/UGC. You can check the details in the website Click Here. In most of the other universities you need a master’s degree for a PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?