11th October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can a 30 years old MA History holder appear in NET JRF exam? Chances to do PhD in History without NET JRF?

I am MA History holder and I have just completed 30 years age. Please tell me am I eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Can I do PhD in History directly without NET JRF?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the differences between NET JRF, CSIR JRF and GATE JRF?
  2. Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?
  3. How to get admission in Ph.D in Delhi University?
  4. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  5. Possibility to do PhD for a candidate who has completed NET-JRF(Hindi) 4 years ago?
  6. How to prepare for JRF exam being a PG History student? Will I have to do M.Phil and then PhD?
  7. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from local university?
  8. Duration to complete PhD after B.Tech through NET JRF exam? Will I have to do M.Tech and M.Phil for PhD?
  9. How to get Net certificate and JRF award letter if completed in December?
  10. GATE, NET or JRF, which is to appear for study PhD with scholarship?
  11. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do phd after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  12. Are JRF and NET same?
  13. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from deemed university? -- [New]
  14. Valuable books for NET English preparation
  15. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  16. Is NET clearance required for doing JRF/PhD? Without doing M.Phil direct PhD is possible?
  17. Do I have to face an Interview for PhD admission in Chandigarh University being a NET qualifier and JRF holder?
  18. How to appear for JRF and NET Exams? Tips to prepare for these Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
14th October 2017, 04:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 30 years old MA History holder appear in NET JRF exam? Chances to do PhD in History without NET JRF?

Yes, definitely you are very much eligible to appear in the NET examination being a 30 year old candidate after the completion of your MA in History, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
I am very sorry to inform you that you cannot apply for the Ph.D course in History without appearing and qualifying in the NET examination. Entrance examination is must for the Ph.D admission in different Universities.
14th October 2017, 05:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 30 years old MA History holder appear in NET JRF exam? Chances to do PhD in History without NET JRF?

There is a certain age criteria required to appear in NET Junior Research Fellow Examination. Here is the detailed Age limit and Relaxation of UGC NET Exam,

>> For Junior Research Fellowships :-

() Maximum age must not exceed 28 years in order to be eligible.

() So your age must not exceed 28 years as on 01.11.2017

() Of course there will be an age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ ST/ PWD and OBC category candidates

() If you belong to any one of the reserved category, then you may be eligible to appear in this examination with 30 years of age. On the other side, you may not be eligible with this criteria if you belong to General category.
14th October 2017, 10:38 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can appear in NET JRF exam provided you have scored a minimum of 55% marks in your MA History.
Candidates who have completed masters degree in History with a least 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to do PhD in the relevant discipline and can appear in NET JRF examination.
No, it is quite not possible to do PhD with qualifying NET examination. However some university prefer to conducts their own entrance test for PhD course but those candidates who have qualified NET exam are exempted from that entrance test.
2nd November 2017, 10:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am MA History holder and I have just completed 30 years age. Please tell me am I eligible to appear in NET JRF exam? Can I do PhD in History directly without NET JRF?
You have completed masters degree so you are eligible for UGC NET exam. But your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

As per age criteria, you are not eligible for JRF post through UGC NET exam but you can apply for lectureship post through UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?