14th February 2018, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Can a CA do Phd with less than 55% Marks? What is the criteria followed to apply for Ph.D in 2018?

Can a CA without having Master degree can do Phd with less than 55% Marks in aggregate? Please resolve my Query ASAP as it's already late and I want to apply for Ph.D soon and start my studies. It would be great if I get the details from here. Thank you!

25th February 2018, 11:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a CA do Phd with less than 55% Marks? What is the criteria followed to apply for Ph.D in 2018?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue Doctoral program with less than 55% marks in Post Graduation or in its equivalent educational qualification.

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue PhD course.

<> The minimum qualification required is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university.

<> As CA (Chartered Accountancy) course is equivalent to Master's Degree you are eligible as far as educational qualification is concerned. But besides this, you must have to meet the minimum percentage criteria required. The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 55% marks and not less than that. As you have scored less than 55% marks, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue this course.
26th February 2018, 11:14 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a CA do Phd with less than 55% Marks? What is the criteria followed to apply for Ph.D in 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a CA without having Master degree can do Phd with less than 55% Marks in aggregate? Please resolve my Query ASAP as it's already late and I want to apply for Ph.D soon and start my studies. It would be great if I get the details from here. Thank you!

Yes, you can do a PhD in Commerce with less than 55% marks in the CA course in some universities like Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women. Eligibility to do a PhD in Commerce in Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women is as follows: candidates with a Chartered Accountancy (CA) qualification with any basic graduation degree from any recognized university. Candidates can download the application from the university website and apply. Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university for the admission. Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women PhD prospectus is available in the ICAI website. The ICAI website link is given Click Here
26th February 2018, 05:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

CA is not equivalent to a masters degree and it is just a professional qualification, which is not awarded by a recognized university.

To become eligible for Ph.D admission, you need a masters degree with 55% marks pursued from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?