1st February 2017, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for assistant professor job on the basis of ME degree?

Sir, I have completed my BE first class with distinction but ME is second class. I have 8 years experience as a lecturer in private engineering college. May I know, am I eligible for teaching category assistant professor as a Government or Private Engineering Colleges. What is the salary could be expect? Please reply to my query. Thank you.

2nd February 2017, 12:05 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for assistant professor job on the basis of ME degree?

No, you are not eligible to become an assistant professor.
The eligibility requires to become an assistant professor is you have to complete your master degree with first class in the core subject for which you want to become an assistant professor.
The salary of an Assistant professor ranges between 45,000 - 60,000 per month.
2nd February 2017, 04:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the post of Assistant Professor post on the basis of Master of Engineering course. In general, the basic educational qualification required for the post of Assistant Professor or Professor in any government based organization or Private organizations' is "Master's Degree" or Post Graduation in the concerned stream.

As you are done with Master's degree and had experience of 8 years in teaching, I am sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in concerned stream.
2nd February 2017, 04:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my BE first class with distinction but ME is second class. I have 8 years experience as a lecturer in private engineering college. May I know, am I eligible for teaching category assistant professor as a Government or Private Engineering Colleges. What is the salary could be expect? Please reply to my query. Thank you.
No, you can't apply for Assistant Professor post through your M.E degree.

Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor in government or government aided colleges:-

1.You must have a Ph.D degree

or

2.You must have a valid UGC NET/SET/SLET score card.

3.Your age should be above 21 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?