10th February 2022, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD after MSc IT or not?

I am a BCA student so what I have to choose after BCA? MCA or MSCIT? And if i will choose MSc IT, so can I do PhD after MSc IT or not?

10th February 2022, 10:49 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD after MSc IT or not?

Yes, you can register for Ph.D. after M.Sc. IT. If you are looking for Ph.D. in Engineering - IT, then M. Tech. The candidate should have completed a master's with a minimum of 55% from any recognized university. The most popular PhD Entrance exams in India are UGC NET, Joint CSIR UGC NET, JEST, JGEEBILS, etc.
11th February 2022, 03:53 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For PhD admission, candidate must have completed masters in relevant subject with atleast 60% marks from a recognised board.
Those planning for PhD have to go through an entrance exam to secure admission in PhD.
Those who have appeared for any National level entrance exam are exempted from university level entrance exam for admission purpose.
11th February 2022, 06:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completion the graduation and master degree, you can apply for the degree of PhD .

A well chosen doctoral thesis will have a focus that have that can be explored in appropriate time and built in on the future.

So, you have to select the best topic for the PhD in which you are having interest and you want to know more and more about the topic. It play a vital role for the better carrier of yours
11th February 2022, 06:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completion the graduation and master degree, you can apply for the degree of PhD .

A well chosen doctoral thesis will have a focus that have that can be explored in appropriate time and built in on the future.

So, you have to select the best topic for the PhD in which you are having interest and you want to know more and more about the topic. It play a vital role for the better career of yours.
11th February 2022, 07:45 PM
Zainab Fatima8

Yes,you can do PhD after MSc IT.
For PhD ,you must have a master's degree from a recogniszed university.
11th February 2022, 08:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, you are eligible to pursue doctorate of philosophy after completing Masters of Science in information technology.
The candidate must have completed my masters of post graduation in computer science, data science, Information Technology or Electronics with a minimum aggregate of 55% aggregate marks.

Admission to this course will be done on the basis of entrance examination that will be conducted by the particular University where you will take admission.

The course fee will be INR 40000 to 4,00,000, depending upon the university where you will seek admission.
12th February 2022, 07:35 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD after completing MSc in IT. The educational qualification required for PhD in IT or Computer Science is a candidate must have passed Master's in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology from a recognized university. The minimum score may vary from college to college and the admission selection will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance test which is mostly conducted by the university itself.
13th February 2022, 09:11 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, you can do a Ph.D. after MSc IT. If you are looking for Ph.D. in Engineering - IT, then M. Tech.

The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph. D Program shall normally be a two years Master OR M. Phil Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?