9th January 2014, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I join any Space Research centre after 11th?

Can i join any space research centre from class 11 only? please tell me the names of these institutes .

18th January 2014, 10:40 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join any Space Research centre after 11th?

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot get admission in Space Research Center from class eleven only. Admission in the space research centers is taken after 12th standard. You need to take science stream to get admission in the space research centers. Then after completion of 12th with good grades, preferably above 65%, you have to appear for an entrance exam which is held on all-India basis level. The entrance exams through which you can get direct admission in Space research center (IIST,ISRO) is IIST.

You need to score very high marks in this entrance exam since there are only approximately 250 seats available all over India which also has reservation for backward castes, scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, physically handicapped. Once you get admission, you will be trained in IIST and then after completion of your graduation, ISRO will directly incorporate you as a research fellow.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?