14th May 2016, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Tech Civil from KSOU? Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in any Engineering College?

Dear Sir,
After passing M.Tech(Civil) from KSOU, am I eligible for pursuing PhD from IIT? Am I eligible for post of Assistant Professor in any engineering college?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it valid to go for Assistant Professor Post in any engineering college in Karnataka if I do M.tech in KSOU
  2. Whether distance PhD(Mathematics) is available to study to become an Assistant Professor? Procedure to apply?
  3. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  4. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  5. Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in governemnt or government aided colleges?
  6. List of universities offering PhD in Audiology/Speech Pathology for an M.Tech holder and Assistant Professor? -- [New]
  7. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  8. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Application for an Assistant Professor who has completing MCA?
  10. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  12. not correct
  13. Eligibility for Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in a polytechnic institute?
  14. Is there any program available for M.Tech in Civil in Correspondence? Is there any program being offered as M.Tech in Civil and Ph.D in Correspondence?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria for assistant professor? I have scored 71% marks in Environmental Engineering
  16. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  17. Being Assistant Professor in a College can I do PhD in Humanities at other university?
  18. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
18th May 2016, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Tech Civil from KSOU? Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in any Engineering College?

No, IITs don't offer admission to distance mode degree holders for Ph.D programme. Only those who have qualification from an AICTE approved college will be eligible for admission.

Also, you need to have some other qualification like GATE/NET/JRF scores along with M.Tech degree. Admission will be based on the performance in written exam and interview.
18th May 2016, 08:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Tech Civil from KSOU? Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in any Engineering College?

No, IITs don't offer admission to distance mode degree holders for Ph.D programme. Only those who have qualification from an AICTE approved college will be eligible for admission.
Also, you need to have some other qualification like GATE/NET/JRF scores along with M.Tech degree. Admission will be based on the performance in written exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?