14th May 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech Civil?

Hello Sir/Madam,
Can I do PhD in Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering. I have completed my 12th now and going to take admission in B.Tech Civil course. So, please reply me quickly.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  2. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  4. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  5. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  6. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
  7. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  8. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  9. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astrophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Physics after completed B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  10. How can I study PhD in Astrophysics being a B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?
  11. Admission procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Astrophysics in TIFR?
  12. Can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme if pursuing M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  13. Is it possible to join NASA after studying PhD in Astrophysics?
  14. How can I pursue career in Astrophysics after immediate completion of B.Tech? Which exam should I appear? I want to do MS in Astrophysics
  15. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  16. Does IIT offer M.Sc in Astrophysics course? How can I study?
  17. Reference books for preparation of IUCAA-TIFR-INAT and JEST for study PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics?
  18. Best colleges in India offering MSc in Space Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
17th May 2016, 01:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech Civil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,
Can I do PhD in Astrophysics after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering. I have completed my 12th now and going to take admission in B.Tech Civil course. So, please reply me quickly.
No, B.Tech in Civil Engineering candidates are not eligible for Ph.D in Astrophysics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in astrophysics with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D in Astrophysics.

There are no age criteria.
19th May 2016, 12:53 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech Civil?

I am sorry to say you that you cannot study Ph.D in Astrophysics after the completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering as the candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Astrophysics with a minimum of 55% of marks from a recognized University are only eligible to study Ph.D in Astrophysics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?