6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can an ITI Mechanical trade apply for NEST exam? Cut off marks of previous years for all categories?

I am studying ITI Mechanical trade and it is equivalent to 12th. So, I need to know can I apply for NEST exam? Cut off marks of previous years for all categories?

8th October 2017, 07:25 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can an ITI Mechanical trade apply for NEST exam? Cut off marks of previous years for all categories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying ITI Mechanical trade and it is equivalent to 12th. So, I need to know can I apply for NEST exam? Cut off marks of previous years for all categories?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEST (National Entrance Screening Test), because minimum qualification required to apply for NEST exam is 10+2 or equivalent qualification from government recognized board.

>> Age limit to apply for NEST exam is 18 years, Relaxation of 5 years for candidate belongs to SC/ST category.

>> Candidate who are appearing in10+2 are also eligible to apply for NEST exam.

Exam Details:-

:- NEST exam consists of 5 sections, Section 1 carries 30 marks, Section 2 to section 5 carries 50 marks each.

:- NEST exam is based on subjects like General, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology.

:- NEST exam is conducted only in English medium.

:- For NEST exam all the questions are of multiple choice objective type.

:- Duration of NEST exam is 3 hours.
9th October 2017, 08:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an ITI Mechanical trade apply for NEST exam? Cut off marks of previous years for all categories?

No, ITI is still not considered equivalent to class 12th, when it comes to NEST. You need to have class 12th qualification with science stream, to become eligible for NEST.

Hence, first of all you need to have complete class 12th with science stream like PCB or PCM, before applying for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?