21st March 2016, 12:11 PM
vivekkesavapurath

Chances to do B.Tech for an ITI student?

I have been completed my ITI in fitter trade and now wish to do B.tech in mechanical engineering. I have two years of experience in my trade. How can i achieve my goal. I wish to do B.tech with my job

15th March 2017, 10:59 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do B.Tech for an ITI student?

ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute. You can not get admission directly in Bachelor of Technology after ITI course. After ITI course, you need to get pursue diploma courses in any related stream. Diploma holders are further eligible for admission in Bachelor of technology through LEET exam.

At present, you can apply for any examination given below to get admission in diploma:

>>JEXPO in West Bengal.

>>JEEP in Uttarakhand.

>>JEECUP in Uttar Pradesh.

>>CG PPT in Chandigarh.

Candidates with experience can get lateral entry to second year of diploma through VOLCET examination.
16th March 2017, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to do B.Tech for an ITI student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkesavapurath View Post
I have been completed my ITI in fitter trade and now wish to do B.tech in mechanical engineering. I have two years of experience in my trade. How can i achieve my goal. I wish to do B.tech with my job
No, ITI candidates are not eligible for B.Tech but if you have completed diploma course then you can apply for B.Tech course.

Those candidates who have completed ITI course are eligible to get admission diploma course. Your age should be above 16 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?