26th November 2016, 11:32 AM
kanchan hathiya

Can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? What is the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing MA externally and after completing it I wish to pursue PhD. I want to know can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? If yes then please tell me the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum marks required in GATE exam to pursue direct PhD in IIT after completing BE in ECE?
  2. What is the minimum time gap required for completion of Ph.D after M.Tech?
  3. What should I do to get admission in PhD in Chemistry after completing M.Sc in Chemistry?
  4. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  5. Procedure to do Ph.D in IT without giving any entrance exam -- [New]
  6. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in Mathematics after completion of diploma in electrical and electronics engineering?
  7. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  8. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  9. Can I pursue PhD after completing M.Com scoring 48% marks from Mumbai University? What is the procedure to apply for PhD?
  10. What is the procedure to get admission in PhD after completing MA in Sociology from IGNOU?
  11. Possibilities of doing Ph.D. in Architecture after ME in same?
  12. Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?
  13. How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?
  14. Can I do Ph.D in Physics just after completion of Ph.D in Mathematics? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Ph.D after completing M.Sc Zoology with 82%? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MA (Sociology) scoring 53% marks from Mumbai University? In which college can I apply for PhD?
  17. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  18. Is it possible to pursue M.Sc after completing BA externally?
29th November 2016, 01:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? What is the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchan hathiya View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing MA externally and after completing it I wish to pursue PhD. I want to know can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? If yes then please tell me the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible to do Ph.D course because you have completed MA course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree. There are no age criteria.
29th November 2016, 03:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD after completing MA externally? What is the minimum marks required to get admission in PhD?

Yes, definitely you can pursue Ph.D course after the completion of MA externally, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course in relevant field from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
5th August 2021, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

If person has 54 %...and not a sc category....do he any possibility to get into MPhil entrance... as he will miss by one percent
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?