23rd October 2018, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

CSIR or UGC NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Mathematics?

Hello, I am a Mathematics postgraduate. I like to study more and do research. For this I want to do PhD program in Mathematics. I want to give NET for this, so kindly tell me CSIR or UGC which NET I have to give?

28th October 2018, 08:23 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CSIR or UGC NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Mathematics?

Purpose of conducting both exams (CSIR NET or UGC NET) is the same, only difference in the subjects involved. CSIR and UGC are two different governmental departments and both conduct their respective*NET entrance exam. Candidates who have a Master's degree in*Science stream with minimum 55% and above*from any recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET. Candidates who have completed post graduation in the relevant subjects with at least 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible for UGC NET. So if you want to do PhD program in Mathematics, you will have to appear for CSIR NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?