5th January 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue B.Tech after completing B.Sc. in mathematics?

I have completed my graduation in B.Sc. [Mathematics] from Goa University. I would either like to do B.Tech or M.Sc. [Statistics], which according to you is a better option, Sir ? Also I would like to mention that I am not very kin in pursuing a career in teaching.

10th January 2011, 07:50 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue B.Tech after completing B.Sc. in mathematics?

i think in that case you have to join b.tech course and yes you are eligible for this because you have math background.
13th January 2011, 10:05 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Can I pursue B.Tech after completing B.Sc. in mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation in B.Sc. [Mathematics] from Goa University. I would either like to do B.Tech or M.Sc. [Statistics], which according to you is a better option, Sir ? Also I would like to mention that I am not very kin in pursuing a career in teaching.
Dear friend,
Already you have a bachelor degree so why you want to go for b.tech,you can go for M.sc or MCA which are very effictive for your future...
13th January 2011, 10:47 PM
saswata06

If you are keen to join in B.Tech then you can join through lateral entry mode.
14th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: Can I pursue B.Tech after completing B.Sc. in mathematics?

Hi!!!!
Ofcourse you are eligible to do B.Tech after B.Sc. but for that you have to spend your coming 4 years as you have already done graduation and B.Tech is done generally after 12th. If you do B.Tech now than you have to face some problems in future at the time of getting job because you will be more age so better to go for M.Sc.
But if you seriously interested in technical field than you can do MCA from distance learning and ofcourse from IGNOU which is really valuable in not only in India even in world also.for more info. log on to www.ignou.ac.in

with best wishes!!!!
15th January 2011, 04:44 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

For teaching profession MSc in statistics is better.Because in engineering you need to start again but in MSc you just upgrade your self.

Beside this, From BSc to you need 3 years to complete B.Tech.But B.Tech is not a qualification to join as teacher.You must have to be a Phd holder/M.Tech.

After MSc in statistics you can easily be a teacher in any school or college.
15th January 2011, 11:47 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

pursue B.Tech after completing B.Sc. in mathematics
Ofcourse you are eligible to do B.Tech after B.Sc. but for that you have to spend your coming 4 years as you have already done graduation and B.Tech is done generally after 12th. If you do B.Tech now than you have to face some problems in future at the time of getting job because you will be more age so better to go for M.Sc.
But if you seriously interested in technical field than you can do MCA from distance learning and ofcourse from IGNOU which is really valuable in not only in India even in world also.for more info.

log on to www.ignou.ac.in

good luck
24th February 2011, 03:25 PM
chinudey20

Yes you can surely join b.tech.but for that you have to spend your coming 4 years as you have already done graduation and B.Tech is done generally after 12th. So my advice is that do MBA rather.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?