10th April 2014, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Is PhD and course work is sufficient for a lecturer job?

I am a Phd degree holder . I have submitted my thesis on September 2009 and get awarded in April,2010.During my PhD I have also completed the course work.I have two question:-
A)Am i exempted from NET as I have submitted my thesis before 2009(as per 2009 regulation)
B)As I have PhD degree along with course work,am I eligible for the lectureship in college.

20th June 2016, 01:02 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD and course work is sufficient for a lecturer job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a Phd degree holder . I have submitted my thesis on September 2009 and get awarded in April,2010.During my PhD I have also completed the course work.I have two question:-
A)Am i exempted from NET as I have submitted my thesis before 2009(as per 2009 regulation)
B)As I have PhD degree along with course work,am I eligible for the lectureship in college.
Yes, PhD is enough for Lecturer job in Indian colleges and universities. The aspirant need not appear for NET or SET examination, which is meant for Post Graduates to qualify for lecturer post. You can apply to the lecturer post after the PhD in colleges. The PhD qualification will fetch you a lecturer job in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?