29th August 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?

I want to know whether I need to crack NET for pursuing a PhD in J.N.U (Delhi) and D.U.? This is because I'm supposed to appear for my NET exam in June,2014. But the PhD admissions in the universities would be starting before that. So would I be eligible to apply? It would be an immense help if I get to know about the PhD entrance dates (English) of J.N.U and D.U. of 2014.

6th September 2014, 11:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?

UGC NET is not essential for Ph.D admission in JNU and DU but preference is given to those who are NET qualified. Hence, you can apply for sure without any worry. Clearing UGC NET is necessary for those who want to become Lecturer or Junior Research Fellowships in their respective field.

You can prepare for UGC NET and also apply for admission into Ph.D program. If you don't get admission into Ph.D then you can think seriously about UGC NET. Also those candidates who have experience as a lecturer are preferred and that makes UGC NET very essential.

Just make sure that you have scored 50% marks in your Master's Degree. For Ph.D admission 50% marks is the minimum requirement for admission and you need to have this qualification then only you will be allowed to apply.

Top Universities for Ph.D in English are listed below:

1. Jadavpur University

2. Delhi University

3. Calcutta University

4. JNU, New Delhi

5. Delhi University

6. Osmania University

7. Pune University

8. Panjab University

9. Kurukshetra University

10. Bangalore University
26th February 2019, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?

Do i need to qualify NET life science for phd admission or is there any entrance exam for JNUEE and DU? Kindly suggest me the process..
15th June 2021, 03:21 PM
Singhskomal

Master's degree with minimum 55% is required to get admission in ph.d (doctors in philosophy) but to get admission in some private universities you don't need to clear NET exams...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?