31st March 2015, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET(Earth Sciences) for Geology postgraduate?

Hello Sir,
I want to apply for CSIR-NET for
Earth Sciences topic. Kindly let me know the
eligibility criteria. I have completed my M.Sc in Geology.
So, I am waiting for your reply.

4th April 2015, 04:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET(Earth Sciences) for Geology postgraduate?

Yes, Geology Post Graduates are eligible for Earth Sciences subjects in CSIR NET. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your Post Graduation degree. If you are candidate who belongs to reserved category then 50% marks in enough to make you eligible for CSIR NET.

There is upper age limit for JRF which is 28 years. If you are applying for Lectureship then no age limit is mentioned and you can apply for it without worrying about your age. For JRF there is relaxation for reserved category candidates and JRF score is valid only for 2 years.
4th April 2015, 09:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET(Earth Sciences) for Geology postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I want to apply for CSIR-NET for
Earth Sciences topic. Kindly let me know the
eligibility criteria. I have completed my M.Sc in Geology.
So, I am waiting for your reply.
You have completed post graduation degree in Geology so you are eligible for CSIR NET exam in Earth Science.

Details of CSIR NET exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
5th April 2015, 07:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CSIR NET stands for the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test.

As you have mentioned in the query that you have completed your master's degree in geology, so you are eligible for the CSIR NET exam in Earth Science because the eligibility criteria for this exam is:

>>Candidates who have passed master's degree from a recognized university can apply for the exam.

>>Second criteria which you need to satisfy in terms of academics is % criteria in master' degree. You must have at least 55% marks in master's degree.

SC/ST candidates have 5% relaxation in marks.

The upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

The date of entrance exam of CSIR NET in 2015 is 21st June. The online application for the CSIR NET 2015 closed on 26th March, 2015.

For any more details, clickhere.
17th December 2015, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MSc in Disaster Management. I want to know if i am eligible for CSIR NET exam in earth sciences
17th December 2015, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I have passed MSc Disaster Mwnagement. I want to know if i am eligible for CSIR NET in earth sciences.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?