6th June 2015, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for taking admission in Doctorate courses?

what are requirements for taking admission in doctorate courses

Please share the required information,

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply fro doctorate directly without doing masters degree? What is the eligibility to do doctorate? How many subjects are there in Doctorate Degree and what are the specializations?
  2. Allahabad University offers PhD in Computer Science and Engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for taking Armed Doctorate without maths?
  4. Eligibility criteria to take admission into B.Ed course? Universities providing B.Ed course in Distance Learning? Eligibility criteria for taking admission into CDAC? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility criteria of Doctorate Eligibility Ent Test(DEET)?
  6. Courses available at Lovely University after 10th? Criteria of taking admission?
  7. List of colleges offering Ph.D in Hindi in Pune? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  8. Courses available in IC technology, Microelectronics? Universities offering these courses? Procedure and Eligibility criteria for admission into these courses?
  9. Can I get certificate of doctorate from any other branch if employer is not allowing me to put 'Dr' title before my name?
  10. Procedure to take admission in PEC? Criteria for admission? Is it UGC recognized?
  11. Eligibility criteria for taking admission to MBBS in Himachal?
  12. After M.Sc can I apply for PhD in any other University or Mumbai University?
  13. Postgraduate doctorate courses for meritorious B.Pharmacy student?
  14. B.Sc Nursing graduate can do M.Sc in Nuclear Medicine Technology?
  15. Criteria for admission in SVNIT for Gujarat Board Students?
  16. How should I pursue Ph.D in History?
  17. Can I get admission in short term Doctorate in Homeopathy correspondence? Fee structure and exam details?
  18. How to do post doctorate courses after PhD in Bengali?
6th June 2015, 11:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for taking admission in Doctorate courses?

Eligibility Criteria required for getting seat in Doctorate Course:

>> The minimum educational qualification required in order to be eligible for doing this Doctorate courses is "Post Graduate" or Master's Degree from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage that candidates must have obtained is 50% marks or above.

>> Candidates must have compulsorily passed or qualified any of the below Entrance Examinations.
* GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Valid Score
* CSIR UGC NET (National Eligibility Test)
* ICRS/ DBT and DST Entrance Examination

>> Candidates from M.Phil background are also eligible for getting admission in Doctorate courses. Candidates those who successfully meet the above eligibility criteria, can get admission in Ph.D courses.
6th June 2015, 11:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized University. This is the minimum requirement for getting admission in a particular University which is recognized by UGC for your Ph.D program in India. For a reserved category candidate there is relaxation of 5% marks.

You have to appear in a screening test and interview to become eligible for Ph.D admission in a University. If you have NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score then you need to just appear for the interview stage. Those who have any one of these scores are eligible for admission in reputed institutes or universities. You just keep track of the Ph.D admission notifications if you have qualification and apply according to the instructions.
7th June 2015, 12:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are requirements for taking admission in doctorate courses

Please share the required information,
Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria

But you must have valid UGC NET or CSIR NET or GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?