16th March 2015, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do PhD in Commerce for T.Y.B.Com student?

Hello,
I am in Commerce field and in T.Y.B.Com
now at present and I wanted to
pursue PhD in Commerce so
can you tell me what is the eligibility for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to do PhD in Commerce for T.Y.B.Com student? -- [New]
  2. Formalities to apply for PhD in Commerce? Which all subjects are available for Commerce student?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria required to do Ph.D in Commerce stream?
  4. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for Ph.D Commerce? I have completed M.Com with 54.87%
  6. Eligibility to study PhD in Commerce at Kerala University?
  7. Eligibility criteria for PhD in AI and Robotics from IISC?
  8. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  9. PhD research topic related to Commerce for an average student?
  10. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure to do PhD in Commerce? What would be the possible subjects?
  12. Procedure and date of application for PhD in Commerce?
  13. How may I get details about Ph.D and Ph.D subjects in Commerce? I've completed M.Phil in commerce
  14. Eligibility for PhD in Biotechnology? In what all trades can I do PhD?
  15. Mangalore University Commerce TYBCom-6th Sem Auditing Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  16. Required Eligibility criteria to join Ph.D in Commerce after completion of M.Com course with 64% of marks?
  17. Which course should I opt for between Ph.D in Management and Ph.D in Commerce being a candidate of MBA in Finance and HR?
  18. Possibility to do PhD in mentioned subjects in Abroad for M.Sc(Botany) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
17th March 2015, 01:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Commerce for T.Y.B.Com student?

Graduation is not sufficient to make you eligible for a Ph.D admission. You can apply for a Ph.D admission only after completion of Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University. Those who are reserved category candidates can apply for Ph.D admission with 50% marks.

After completion of Master's degree you have to clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF then only you can become eligible for Ph.D admission because most of the Universities give admission on the basis of these scores. There are other entrance exams also which are mainly conducted by the University and you can appear for them also if you don't have NET/SLET/JRF qualification.
17th March 2015, 06:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do PhD in Commerce for T.Y.B.Com student?

Since you are still pursuing Third year B.Com you are not eligible to do Ph.D course in Commerce stream now. The minimum educational qualification required is " Post Graduation in Commerce Stream " from a recognized university or institution. So I suggest you to pursue M.Com (Master of Commerce) course after completion of B.Com Bachelor Degree Course. Apart from doing Post Graduation course in Commerce to be eligible for doing Ph.D in Commerce, you are required to write Entrance Examination for admission into Ph.D in Commerce. Or else you can apply for respective universities to pursue Ph.D course, and must qualify in the Entrance Examination conducted by that particular university/ institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?