19th May 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D in Zoology after M.Sc in Zoology from Nagpur University and 47 years of age?

sir,
i m lecturer in junior college. my age is 47 years. can i do phd in zoology now?
i have passed M.Sc in zoology from Nagpur university with B . plz let me know.

19th May 2015, 06:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D in Zoology after M.Sc in Zoology from Nagpur University and 47 years of age?

If you have got 55% marks in your M.Sc Zoology then you will be definitely eligible for Ph.D admission. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks and they can apply with 50% marks. Mainly most of the Universities give admission on merit and you have to perform well in the entrance exam plus interview to become eligible for admission. There is no upper age limit for Ph.D admission, therefore, don't worry about your age as long as you have the qualification.

Most of the Universities give entrance exam exemption for Ph.D admission to candidates who have NET/SLET/GATE/JRF score or M.Phil qualification or 5 years of professional experience in given field of study. You are 47 years old and you might be engaged in some professional career and if it is in the same field then you can apply for direct interview for Ph.D admission when the notification is released.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?