10th September 2019, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Sociology) in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya?

Hi everyone, I just want to know that if I am going to take admission in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya for PhD(Sociology) then what is the eligibility criteria for admission? Kindly let me know about the eligibility asap.

14th September 2019, 11:03 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Sociology) in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya?

Ph.D. Sociology or Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology is a Doctorate Sociology course. The required eligibility to study Ph.D. (Sociology) in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya is the candidate should have passed Post-Graduate degree in a relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. 5% marks relaxation is given to reserved category candidate. The final selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of Entrance examination score. The course duration of Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology is 3 years.
16th September 2019, 01:17 AM
Incredible Chinnu

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Sociology) in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya?

Eligibility criteria for Ph.d in sociology in Guru Ghasidas vishwavidyalaya :

1.Y ou should have completed Masters in respective discipline from the recognized university.

2.Should have a percentage requirement of 55% in masters for general category and 50% for reserved category.

Selection will be based on written examination and interview.

If you have any entrance score like ugc ,gate, SLET then there is no need of written exam

You can directly get admission with interview.
16th September 2019, 02:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I just want to know that if I am going to take admission in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya for PhD(Sociology) then what is the eligibility criteria for admission? Kindly let me know about the eligibility asap.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Sociology with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course in Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.

But you must have a valid UGC NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?