15th July 2016, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Which exam should I prefer in between JRF and NET being a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering? What is the difference between JRF and NET?

Hello, I have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. I would like to get into the Research field as well as into the teaching profession. As I already have completed M.Tech which exam should I prefer between JRF and NET? What is the difference between JRF and NET?

18th July 2016, 07:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam should I prefer in between JRF and NET being a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering? What is the difference between JRF and NET?

JRF will allow you to get JRF only and it will not make you eligible for lectureship. For lectureship only post graduates are eligible and for B.Tech holders can only apply for JRF.

Hence, being a M.Tech candidate you can apply for JRF as well as NET. If you have age then only you will be eligible for JRF for which upper age limit is 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?