7th February 2023, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Women Scientist in DST?

I am going to submit my thesis in Biological Sciences from CDRI. How could I apply for Women Scientist in DST? Please provide me the proper channels and details regarding this.

9th February 2023, 08:19 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: How to apply for Women Scientist in DST?

The Department of Science and Technology (DST) in India provides several schemes for men as well as women scientists to support their research and career development. If you are interested in applying for a DST scheme for women scientists, here are the steps you can follow:
  • Check eligibility: Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria specified by the scheme you are interested in.
  • Find a suitable scheme: DST offers various schemes for women scientists, such as the Women Scientist Scheme-A (WOS-A), Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B), and the Inspire Faculty Scheme.
  • Read the guidelines: Once you have chosen a suitable scheme, thoroughly read the guidelines and instructions provided on the DST website.
  • Prepare a research proposal: You need to submit a detailed research proposal as part of your application. Make sure it is well-structured and meets the criteria specified in the guidelines.
  • Gather required documents: Prepare a complete set of the required documents, including your resume, academic certificates, and other relevant documents.
  • Submit your application: Submit your complete application, including the research proposal and required documents, to the DST office.
  • Wait for a decision: Once your application is submitted, the DST office will review it and make a decision. You will be notified of the outcome by email or post.

Note: The exact application procedure may vary slightly based on the scheme you are applying for. It is advisable to refer to the official DST website for the latest and most accurate information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?