14th August 2015, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study PhD in Anthropology being a M.A. candidate?

Hello,
I am studying M.A. in Anthropology. I want to do PhD now. Can anyone of you please tell me how I can get admission for PhD course? I really want to so PhD in Anthropology. Waiting for your reply.
With Regards-
Amal K. Venugopal

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Anthropology in any university of India being a M.Sc candidate? -- [New]
  2. Can I study PhD in Genetics if going to pursue M.Sc in Anthropology?
  3. Information about PhD in Anthropology for Nepalis student?
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in India? Procedure of admission?
  5. Is there B.Sc in Anthropology available like that of M.Sc and PhD?
  6. List of correspondence universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in Delhi
  7. Job opportunities and scope of PhD in Anthropology in Pakistan?
  8. DDCE, Utkal university provides PG in Anthropology? From when admission starts? Eligibility for PG in Anthropology?
  9. What is the difference between Ph.D in Anthropology and Ph.D in Sociology?
  10. Which course has better scope between Chemistry and Anthropology in Ph.D? Job opportunities of Ph.D Forensic Anthropology?
  11. Can I get admission to study M.Sc(Physical Anthropology) in ISI, Kolkata if completed B.Sc in Biological Anthropology?
  12. Am I eligible to study PG Diploma in Anthropology if completed B.Sc in Anthropology?
  13. Is it possible to study PhD course for PGPM candidate?
  14. Career in Anthropology? where can I take admission for anthropology course? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application for a candidate who has secured 67% in MCA?
  16. Qualification required to study PhD for M.A. candidate?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  18. Detailed procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Pharmacy candidate?
21st August 2015, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in Anthropology being a M.A. candidate?

First you need to make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your M.A degree from recognized university. If you have fulfill then you can apply for admission when the notification is released by the concerned university. You have to apply in a prescribed format according to the guidelines given in the notification. You have to appear in written exam and interview for getting admission.

Also, if you can qualify UGC NET then it will be good for you. NET qualified candidates have better chance of getting admission in an reputed institute for their Ph.D programme.
22nd August 2015, 05:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in Anthropology being a M.A. candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying M.A. in Anthropology. I want to do PhD now. Can anyone of you please tell me how I can get admission for PhD course? I really want to so PhD in Anthropology. Waiting for your reply.
With Regards-
Amal K. Venugopal
You are studying M.A. in Anthropology. So you are eligible for Ph.D in Anthropology but you must have valid UGC NET score.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?