20th March 2015, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

List of universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in India? Procedure of admission?

Friends,
I am doing M.Sc in Anthropology in Chennai.
I want to know that which are the reputed
universities providing PhD course in Anthropology
in India? And what is the procedure for admission?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. List of reputed universities which offer PhD in Urdu for a candidate who has secured 69% in M.A.? Procedure to get admission?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD in Pharmaceutical Science in Abroad? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  3. What kind of stipend can I expect from the universities offering Ph.D in Abroad? Procedure to take admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Sustainable Development program in India
  5. List of reputed universities which offer M.Sc(Electronics) in India? Procedure to get admission?
  6. Universities that offer scholarship to Indian students to do Ph.D?
  7. List of universities with fee structure which offer PhD course in Delhi? Procedure to get admission?
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  9. List of universities which offer PhD in Geology program in India
  10. Detailed list of universities which offer PhD in Psychology in India?
  11. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  12. Universities offering Ph.D Anthropology programme?
  13. List of universities which offer PhD(Biotechnology) in Europe? Eligibility to get admission?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics in Abroad? Procedure to apply?
  15. List of colleges which offer PhD in Physical Education in India? Procedure to get admission?
  16. List of the universities offering admission in Ph.D(Life Science) without CSIR?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? List of universities offering PhD in tourism?
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Management? List of universities which offer PhD in Management in India?
29th March 2015, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in India? Procedure of admission?

You must have a Master's degree in relevant subject with at last 55% marks from a recognized University to become eligible for Ph.D admission. For getting admission in top University you have to qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF in the given subject. There are some private Universities and some Government Universities which conduct Ph.D entrance exam for giving admission and you can apply for them also.

You can apply for admission in following Universities

1. University of Delhi, http://www.du.ac.in

2. Sambalpur University, Anthropology, http://suniv.ac.in

3. Anthropological Survey of India, http://www.ansi.gov.in/fellowship_prg.htm

4. Amity Institute of Anthropology, http://amity.edu/aia

5. Vidyasagar University, http://www.vidyasagar.ac.in/departments/Anthropology/
31st March 2015, 07:38 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: List of universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in India? Procedure of admission?

List of universities which offer PhD in Anthropology in India

Dibrugarh University,
Nagaland University, Kohima
North Eastern Hill University, NEHU PO, Shillong 793022, Meghalaya
Guwahati University,
Gopinath Bordoli Nagar, Guwahati 781014
Manipur University,
Candhipur, Imphal 795003, Manipur
University of Calcutta,
Berhampur University,
Bhanja Bihar Berhampur 760007, Distt. Ganjam, Orissa
Sambalpur University,
Jyoti Vihar, Burla 768017, Sambalpur, Orissa
Utkal University,
Jyoti Vihar, Bhubaneswar 751004
Vidya Sagar University, PO dist., Ndinapore 721102 West Bengal
Dr. Hari Singh Gaur Vishwavidyalaya,
Gour Nagar, Sagar 470003, MP
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar 246174, Garhwal Distt., Uttar Pradesh
University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, Uttar Pradesh
University of Delhi, Delhi 110007
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra 132119, Haryana
Punjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014.
Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati 517502, Chittor Distt. Andhra Pradesh
Karnataka University,Pavate Nagar, Dharwad 580003 Karnataka

Procedure of admission

You must have either NET/SLET/JRF score card or GATE exam score card In addition to this, you must hold 55% in your masters from recognized Indian institution.
28th September 2018, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I am doing Master degree in Anthropology from IGNOU. Can i do phd from Calcutta or west bengal university?
27th December 2019, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir how I can join for integrated PhD and what are the facilities we get in that course and what should we do to get into the integrated PhD course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?