8th August 2021, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

How can I join ISRO as Scientist being Biology student?

I am an 11th student i choose biology group and i want to join isro as a scientist after 12th but i do not know how to join Isro as a scientist.

8th August 2021, 05:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join ISRO as Scientist being Biology student?

°°° there are two modes through which you can join ISRO scientist or engineer. After 12th or during 12th, you can appear for Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Trivandrum entrance exam.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology graduate above a certain pass percentage cutoff in final year BTech exam are directly observed in ISRO system a scientist or engineer.
The minimum educational qualification required to appear in this examination is
MTech/MSC/PhD/BE/BTech etc.
As far as I know, mathematics is the main subject that is asked in this examination and it would be difficult for you to pass this examination as you are a Biology student.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://isro.gov.in

8th August 2021, 05:34 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To become a scientist in ISRO one must have opted mathematics and physics as his subjects in 12th. As ISRO does not those candidates who are from non- mathematics background.

There are 3 ways to join ISRO:-

1- Students from IIST get a chance of being recruited directly from ISRO.

2 - ISRO take IITians through the direct interview.

3 - ISRO conducts their own entrance test for B.E, BTech, MTech, MSc ( Physics, Mathmatics) candidates and select them as junior scientists.

8th August 2021, 08:04 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

ISRO is the Indian Scientist the Research Organisation which is the government department issues of the loss of job recruitment for the scientist or engineer students.

Eligibility -

Educational qualification:-
You should be passed the bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 65% marks from any recognised University.

Age limit:-
Age must be below the 32 years.

Nationality:-
Indian citizen,

You have to do the preparation according to the GATE entrance exam paper.

Selection procedure:-
Written Test
Interview.

9th August 2021, 12:22 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To join ISRO as a Scientist being a Biology student can be a disadvantage but not the end. You can still pursue your interest in research and can become a scientist. You should have a basic knowledge of Mathematics and space research has many areas such as astrochemistry, astrobiology, biotechnology, and biomedical. After completing your 10+2 with PCB(Physics, Chemistry, and biology) background, you can further continue your study in Biology and thereafter go for higher studies like MSc and PhD in any particular subject to research in it.

If you are planning to become a Scientist in ISRO after class 10+2 then you need to take admission in one of the best institutes of India like IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology). You can only be eligible for ISRO if you have qualified for BE/BTech or Master's degree in first class with a minimum aggregate of 65% marks or 6.84 CGPA from a recognized university. You can also take one of the three examinations to reach ISRO after class 12th is JEE Advanced, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, or State and Central Board based Aptitude Test taken by IISER.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?