31st December 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How can I join ISRO as a scientist? Which degrees do I need to apply for ISRO?

SIR, I am getting b-tech in "IT" sector. Right now in second year.I want to join ISRO as scientist. how can i approach towards it? what are the degrees I need to have to apply in ISRO?

9th February 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join ISRO as a scientist? Which degrees do I need to apply for ISRO?

i completed AME course.
how can i join ISRO ?
let me know sir....
E-ID:- [email protected]
cont nob:- 9601520540
3rd March 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join ISRO as a scientist? Which degrees do I need to apply for ISRO?

I am completed B.Tech(IT) and I am interested to join NASA or ISRO.
how can i join ?
Mail id:[email protected]
25th March 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

i am a lecturer since 20 year's in the field of electronics and telecommunication can i get the job in isro
14th April 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed ssc now . Which courses i need to do for space scientist in isro
22nd May 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

my daughter wants to be B.Arch. she has appeared ssc exam in marh2012 from gujarat secondRy boaRd. if she do diploma assistanceship in architechure the can she attend nata exam?
diploma and 12th are equivalent for nata entres exam?
15th August 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am m.sc. in physics with 74%....am i able to apply the post for scientist directly?
23rd October 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

myself balaji i am complte bsc physics how can join as a scienist
24th October 2012, 01:57 AM
SAM14U

Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is the premier space agency of India which has reached several milestones in past few years. ISRO may not present any challenge to NASA, but recent mission like Chandrayan has helped ISRO attract the attention of people all around the world.

ISRO is the sixth largest space agency in the world. The budget of ISRO is increasing by the year and today the space agency is working on several missions including Chandrayan 2, Mars Mission and several satellite missions.

Unforunately there is huge shortage of scientits and Engineers at ISRO. Most of the Engineers prefer to take job in NASA. This is the reason by IIST was established in 2007 to fulfill this shortage.

There is plenty of scope of Engineers in ISRO. There are several missions going around in ISRO. The space agency is planning to launch more than 100 satellites in the next 5 years. This is a huge task that would require more engineers.

For a job in ISRO you will have to appear for the entrance exam which generally takes place in February-March of every year. The notification about the examis published in leading employment dailies in India. You will be able to find more information about the exam through this notification.

Eligibility

1. You must be Indian citizen.

2. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There is some relaxation in percentage for reserve category.

5. The age limit for ISRO exam is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC.

7. Final year B.Tech students can also apply for the exam. But they should be able to submit degree at the time of interview.

8. It is important to appear for GATE entrance exam since candidates with good GATE score are given priority.

Selection Process:

1) Entrance Exam

2) Interview
7th February 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Whats d name of d entrance xam 2 be taken??
4th June 2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

after which year i have to take GATE exam
22nd June 2013, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.sc. so i am what to become a scientist
5th July 2013, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 2 .Which degree i want to study to become an
aerospace scientist
5th July 2013, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 2 .Which degree i want to study to become an
aerospace scientist
5th July 2013, 11:30 AM
PAKODI KAUR

if you want to become a scientist in ISRO, that is the space centre of India, you need to do B.Tech with good marks from a recognised university, and then apply for the entrance exam, after which interview will take place and on the basis of which, you will be selected as a scientist. Moreover, to get priority for getting selected in such a huge competition, you should apply for GATE exam and definitely get a good rank all over India in that.
GOOD LUCK
5th July 2013, 09:17 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

ISRO does hiring for below posts after BE/BTECH

Scientists/Engineers-Civil
Scientists/Engineers-Electrical
Scientists/Engineers-Mechanical
Scientists/Engineers-Computer Science/electronics

Eligibilty to apply is:

BE/BTECH in relevant stream of engineering with minimum aggregate of 65% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply for the General Candidates is 35 years
OBC can apply till 38 years
SC/ST can apply till 40 years

You have to apply online through ISRO website www.isro.gov.inwhen vacancy are advertised

After application, only candidates shortlisted by ISRO will be allowed to give the written tests date advertised
15th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

which studys (engineering or degree) to study for become a space scintist after inter 2nd year .
20th July 2014, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

sir,iam a pg student in geology.after completing my pg how can i get a job in isro?is there any chance for me to get a scientist job in isro?
18th May 2015, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE aeronautical engineering. Is post graduate in ME aerospace engineering is necessary to join in isro as a scientist
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?