27th October 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

How to choose simple topic for PhD in Finance and Marketing?

Can you please tell me the simplest way of choosing a topic for phd. How choose a phd topic for finance & marketing

1st November 2014, 08:28 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to choose simple topic for PhD in Finance and Marketing?

One of the most important aspect for a PhD students is choosing the right topic in the field he/she was researching. Following are the guidelines which you need to follow while choosing a topic. This is common for all PhD areas including Finance and Marketing.

Before taking a topic, just think what your evaluators are looking for. It includes,

Novelty:

It deals with coming up with ideas. It is not so easy to come up with the new idea entirely. So, combine already known 2 to 3 problems and come up with the new idea. Main thing to deal with is the “Specific Outcome” that nobody has achieved. But, there is a problem that, others may work on the same problem. Need to take care while choosing a topic.

Choose from specific subject :

You can also choose a specific subject and choose a topic from it. It should be in such a way that, no one before has taken up. This would bring you more chances for research in your topic.

New Methodology:

One another way is to, choose a problem as the topic and find new methods of solving it. Research and find new ways to solve that particular problem. The method which you are solving the problem should be in the new way.

Testing your ideas:

Select a topic such that, you can do all the following things on that.

1. Can do small experiments and mini-investigations?
2. Can I have sufficient access to people and information?
3. Can I gather the required literature?
4. Where do I found relevant experts?

Keep the above mentioned guidelines in mind while choosing a topic. This will help you in choosing the right topic with much scope to explore and research.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?