23rd April 2014, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

List of universities offering PhD in Human Genetics at U.S.A.?

I will complete my M.Sc in Biotechnology by 2014 & I want to do Phd in human genetics at U.S.A. So I need the list of universities offering Phd in human genetics along with entrance exam needed to qualify the course.

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities offering Ph.D and scholarships? I am doing MSc in Biomedical Genetics at VIT University
  2. Top universities offering Ph.D in Human Genetics? Any job vacancies in Government Sector?
  3. List of universities and colleges offering PG course in Genetics?
  4. List of universities and colleges offering PG courses in Genetics?
  5. List of colleges offering Ph.D without course work?
  6. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  7. List of universities offering Ph.D in Astrology?
  8. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  9. Can we study Genetics after MBBS course? Names of the universities offering the course? Is genetics available in AIIMS(Delhi)?
  10. List of the colleges along with their eligibility criteria in India or aboard, offering M.Sc course in human genetics stream? I am pursuing B.Sc in agricultural sciences from Dharwad
  11. Universities offering Ph.D in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. List of colleges offering Ph.D without course work?
  13. List of some colleges in USA offering scholarship for Ph.D without GRE?
  14. List of the colleges and universities offering part time Ph.D in Herbal Science/Biology subjects in Mumbai and Pune?
  15. List of the universities offering part time Ph.D course in bioinformatic? I have done my M.Sc bioinformatic
  16. List of universities and their contract details for Ph.D in Astrology?
  17. Universities or colleges providing MSc genetics?
  18. List of universities in USA offering masters program in Hematology?
27th April 2014, 11:27 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: List of universities offering PhD in Human Genetics at U.S.A.?

You are going to complete your Msc in Biotechnology in 2014 which is the minimum requirement for pursuing Phd in Genetics. most of the institutes which are giving phd degree in Human genetics abroad have this as the minimum educational qualification. There are so many universities in the USA providing PhD degree in Human Genetics along with other courses too.. Here is a list of it. have a look.

Baylor College of Medicine, USA
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
University of Chicago, USA University of Florida, USA
Johns Hopkins University, USA
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orlando, USA
Mc Gill University, Canada, USA
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, USA
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, USA
University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
University of Pittsburgh, USA
University of Texas Health Science Center At Houston, USA
Vanderbilt University, USA
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Washington University In St Louis, USA
University of Washington, USA

Most of the above universities are asking for online application only plus you must have studied the subjects namely cellular and molecular biology or biochemistry and either maths or statistics along with genetics during your Undergraduate studies at least.
The other requirements include letters of recommendation from the college or university professors who know your work well or who have been your guide throughout your thesis work and studies during the college. If you have joined job after completion of masters or graduate degree then you can even submit recommendations letter from your employers. Next requirement which is a must for every foreign student is the scores from the GRE that is Graduate Record Examination scores. GRE general test scores are mainly required. subject test scores may be considered, but are optional not compulsory. All the Best.
9th November 2016, 02:05 PM
mahetuty
Member+

The top Universities in USA for pursue Phd in Human Genetics are listed below:
1. Golden Gate University- San Francisco
2. Bristol University (Anaheim)
3. La Sierra University (Riverside)
4. Bryan University (Los Angels)
5. University of the pacific (Stockton)
For more details you may contact the official websites of those listed institutions.
8th January 2018, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Is TOEFL score accepted in the above mentioned universities for PhD in Human Genetics?
29th March 2018, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM GRE SCORE REQUIRED FOR A PHD IN HUMAN AND MOLECULAR GENETICS IN THE USA?
6th March 2019, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

My Post graduation in human genetic will b completed in June 2019...I am aspiring for PHD in human genetic in USA ...plz guide about universities .... application dates ...fee structure etc.... Rajnish 9855144440 India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?