7th February 2023, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Master's in Space Research canbe done after studying BE Civil Engineering? Is it a good idea to complete my BE Civil Engineering and apply for a job in ISRO?

1) I am currently finishing my 3rd year of Civil Engineering in Anna University. I came to know that I have interest in Space Research. Can I do masters in Space Research?

2) Is it a good idea to complete my BE Civil Engineering and apply for a job in ISRO and do some course related to space in parallel and then do my masters in Space Research?

9th February 2023, 02:44 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Master's in Space Research canbe done after studying BE Civil Engineering? Is it a good idea to complete my BE Civil Engineering and apply for a job in ISRO?

While BE Civil Engineering is not directly related to space research, it is still possible to pursue a Master's degree in Space Research after completing BE Civil Engineering. However, a Master's degree in a related field such as Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Astronomy, etc. would likely be more beneficial in terms of increasing your chances of being recruited by ISRO or other space research organizations.

Yes, BE Civil Engineering graduates are eligible to pursue ME in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Astronomy in India. To be eligible for ME in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Astronomy, one typically needs to have a bachelor's degree in a related field such as Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering. Some universities might also require the candidate to have a minimum aggregate score or to clear an entrance exam such as GATE. It's advisable to check the specific eligibility criteria with the universities you are interested in.

As far as applying for a job in ISRO after completing BE Civil Engineering, it's possible but with very less possibility and certainly not in research field, and it depends on the specific job requirements and the eligibility criteria set by ISRO. It would be best to regularly check the ISRO website or contact the organization directly to learn more about the current job opportunities and their requirements.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, MCom, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?