4th September 2015, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue Ph.D in CS?

Hi sir/madam

Do the MCA candidates r eligible to persue the phd in CS.? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon as possible to me.

thanks in advance.

4th September 2015, 02:31 PM
Daksh@123

Default Re: Is MCA candidates eligible to pursue Ph.D in CS?

hello
i want to do phd in HR means Human Resource
what are the opportunities after completion of the course phD in HR .
what is the course fee and all details of phD in hr from kolhan university .
4th September 2015, 05:49 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, MCA candidates are eligible to pursue Ph.D in CS.

Candidate must have completed master's degree in Computer or IT from any recognised university.
Candidate must have secured more than 60% marks.
There is no age limit.
4th September 2015, 06:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got MCA with 55% marks then you are definitely eligible for PH.D in computer applications. Admission in most of the reputed universities is based on the performance in the exam and interview.

Also, try to qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF if you want admission in a top university. Candidates with any one of these score are eligible for direct interview stage.
4th September 2015, 08:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very certainly eligible to pursue Ph.D course in Computer Science stream. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Ph.D course is "Master's Degree" from a recognized university. The basic requirement for doing Ph.D in CS is "MCA (Master of Computer Application" course. Since you have completed MCA course, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to study Ph.D course in Computer Science. Some of the best colleges offer Ph.D in CS is listed below.

>> Anna University

>> Delhi University

>> IIT Delhi

>> IIT Kanpur

>> University of Madras
4th September 2015, 09:59 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, MCA students are eligible for Ph.D in CS. For that a candidate must have at least 55% marks in MCA degree from a recognized University. The candidate can apply for Ph.D on the basis of MCA degree and no need to go for any M.Tech degree.

All the best.
4th September 2015, 10:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir/madam

Do the MCA candidates r eligible to persue the phd in CS.? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this soon as possible to me.

thanks in advance.
If you have completed MCA degree with above 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D course through GATE and UGC NET exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
10th September 2015, 02:16 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply for Ph.D course after you MCA you will thus have to fulfill the following below mentioned criterias;

1. You need to have a PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

2. You will have to clear NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam.

However, students having qualified in the above mentioned examination will be entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

Most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D course, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.
10th September 2015, 03:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, MCA candidates are very much eligible for admission in Ph.D in CS. However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for admission of candidates in Ph.D course, kindly have a look at it.

> PG qualification in MCA with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.

> Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam qualification will be however, entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?