23rd July 2015, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?

Hello,
I have completed my M.Phil in History and I want to do PhD now. But I want to do PhD in correspondence. So, is entrance test compulsory for doing correspondence PhD in History?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  2. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  3. Selection process and entrance exam for doing PhD in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  4. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  5. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  6. Is there any possibility for me to pursue M.Phil course in Correspondence being a candidate having done MA in History and M.Ed?
  7. Procedure to study PhD in Politics & International Studies in University of Cambridge with scholarship for M.Phil postgraduate?
  8. How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?
  9. Is it possible to do M.Phil in Ayurveda through correspondence?
  10. Procedure and entrance exam for M.Phil?
  11. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  12. Eligibility to study PhD for correspondence Master in Social Work postgraduate?
  13. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in any college of UP being a M.Sc(Zoology) postgraduate?
  14. Possibility to study PhD in Ancient History without entrance exam for a married woman?
  15. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD course if pursuing M.Phil in History?
  16. Courses available in Geography after B.A in JNU, BHU and DU? Procedure to apply for these colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Possibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 53% in M.A.(History)?
  18. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
26th July 2015, 07:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my M.Phil in History and I want to do PhD now. But I want to do PhD in correspondence. So, is entrance test compulsory for doing correspondence PhD in History?
You have completed M.Phil degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course. Yes, it is necessary to appear entrance exam for Ph.D course in Correspondence.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?