7th July 2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 53% in M.A.(History)?

Sir,
I want to know that as I have got 53% marks in History in M.A. So, now can I do PhD in History or not? Please let me know about this. I will be very thankful to you.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?
  2. Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?
  3. How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?
  4. Can I get admission to study PhD in Chemistry if secured 4093 rank in GATE being a SC candidate?
  5. Eligibility to study PhD in Management in Pune University for a candidate who has secured 52.7% in M.Sc?
  6. Possibility to study PhD in Ancient History without entrance exam for a married woman?
  7. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  8. Possibility to study PhD in Management in Abroad for MBA candidate?
  9. Possibility to do PhD for a candidate who has secured 170 rank in CSIR-NET-JRF(Chemical Science)?
  10. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  11. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate? -- [New]
  12. Possibility to study M.A.(Anthropology) in JNU for B.A.(History) graduate?
  13. Possibility to study ICSI course for a candidate who has secured 46% in B.Com?
  14. Eligibility to study Ph.D program for a general candidate who has secured 48% in M.Com?
  15. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  16. Possibility to study PhD in Public Administration for a Government employee who has completed Post Graduation?
  17. Eligibility to study M.A. in History for a candidate who has secured 71% in B.A.(English)? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I study PhD in History after scoring below 50% in M.A.?
10th July 2015, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 53% in M.A.(History)?

With 53% marks in post graduation it will be difficult to become eligible for PH.D admission in India. The minimum percentage which is required for admission in PH.D in India is 55% marks which you don't have at the moment.

The only chance for you will be when you belong to reserved category. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category and if you belong to that catgory then only you will be eligible for admission in India after relaxation in marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?