7th June 2015, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?

Hello,
I have studied M.A. in History from Calcutta University and now I want to do PhD in History. I would like to know that what I have to do for study PhD course? Kindly let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to pursue M.Phil to study PhD after completing M.A.(History)?
  2. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  3. Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?
  4. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  5. In which university I should study PhD in History through Distance Education being a Government employee?
  6. Detailed information about PhD(History) program in Calcutta University? Is there any scholarship available to study PhD?
  7. Can I study PhD in History after scoring below 50% in M.A.?
  8. Can I study Double PhD if completed Double M.A. in History and English?
  9. How to do PhD in History?
  10. List of the universities along with their admission procedure offering Ph.D course? I have done MA in history with 62% marks
  11. How can I pursue Ph.D in Indian History if completed graduation in Computer Science?
  12. Procedure to get admission in PhD for History postgraduate?
  13. How much marks is required for taking admission for Ph.D in History? What's the fee structure and age limitation for the same?
  14. Can I do Ph.D in History after scoring 50% marks in M.A History? What is the eligibility for Ph.D in History? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission to study PhD in Zoology if secured 51% in M.Sc?
  16. Which courses to study for pursuing PhD? How long does it takes?
  17. All the latest and upcoming opportunities for PhD in History?
  18. What should I study in Ph.D if completed MCA? In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission?
12th June 2015, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?

You should make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in M.A because it is the minimum requirement for admission in Ph.D programme in India for General category candidates. There is relaxation of 5% marks available for reserved category candidates. Admission is mainly based on the screening test and interview which is mainly conducted by the institute or university. If you have scores like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE then you will be exempted from entrance exam stage and can apply directly for interview.

Most of the universities released their Ph.D admission notification individually and you have to apply on a prescribed format. You will be called for interview if you have NET/SLET/JRF/GATE scores and if not then you have to appear for entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?