28th January 2014, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Degree from IMR is applicable for PhD in management? Whether I have to clear NET exam also?

I have done my PGDM from IMR college, Ghaziabad. I am very keen to do do phd, whether my degree from IMR is eligible for phd in management and whether i have to clear NET exam also? Please solve my query.

4th March 2014, 07:54 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Degree from IMR is applicable for PhD in management? Whether I have to clear NET exam also?

As you are willing to go for the Ph.D degree you need to write NET exam.NET National Eleigibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission.You must first check the educational qualification and other eligibility for the NET exam.For this to be eligible you must have a minimum of Masters degree from a recognized university.So as you have completed PGDM,if it is in business administration then it is almost generally equivalent to the Masters degree.

So the candidates with the Masters degree qualification such as M.Ed,M.Com,M.B.A,M.L.,MOL.M.Sc,M.Tech,MA,Master of Engineering,Master of corporate secretaryship,Master of performing arts,master of fine arts and more are basically eligible to aplt for the NET Exam.You must definitely need to write and qualify the N.E.T exam for getting admission in to the Ph.D degree even if you are from the IMR college.

You must have secured a minimum of 55% in masters degree or its equivalent examination from the recognized universities.The university must be recognized by the UGC in social science,computer science and applications,electronic science,humanities and more are eligible.For applying JRF(junior research fellowship) the maximum age must not exceed more than 28 years.and for applying the lectureship posts there is no maximum age limit.Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved candidates.So you need to write N.E.T entrance examination for getting admission in to the Ph.D degree surely.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?