27th January 2019, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Statistics Honours in MCom to further pursue PhD(Statistics)?

Hi everyone, I am interested to do PhD in Statistics. I am studying BCom(H) right now and I have Statistics. So, I have to study Statistics Honours in my MCom so that I will be eligible for PhD program?

3rd February 2019, 07:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Statistics Honours in MCom to further pursue PhD(Statistics)?

If you want to pursue PhD in Economics then you should definitely pursue your M. Come in the same field that is Statistics.
As per the minimum qualification required to pursue PhD in statistics is that the candidate must have completed post graduation in statistics from a recognised University with at least 55% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?