14th December 2015, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study both Statistics and Maths for Economics Honours?

I am an economics student under cu. I am worried as i am not having statistics instead of political science. So i want to know whether it can create any problem in my Economic Honours studies? Please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  2. Which course should I prefer BBA (economics honours) or B.COM (economics honours)?
  3. Can I do Economics honours without Maths in 12th class?
  4. Which course has a better scope Maths honours or Statistics honours?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  6. Percentage required to be eligible for Statistics honours? College under DU?
  7. What are the contents in Economics Honours of Undergraduate course?
  8. Is Maths compulsory for Economics honours?
  9. What should I study among B.Sc in Mathematics and B.Sc in Statistics at mentioned colleges?
  10. Admission procedure for accountancy honours at Srivanathsatri college and other colleges?
  11. What are the career options in commerce?
  12. How to get admission in economics honors? I am pure statistics and business economics student
  13. Whether best of 4 subjects includes English and Bengali considerable for admission in Accountancy Honours? Can I get admission if scored less marks in Maths and Statistics and secured above 70% in Pure Economics and Accountancy?
  14. Procedure of admission in presidency Collage, Kolkata for Economics or Statistics Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it worthy doing M.Sc Economics honours after B.Sc Economics honours?
  16. Is it beneficial to study M.Sc(Statistics) for Mathematics graduate? List of colleges in Bangalore?
  17. Can I study Statistics Honours in M.Com after completing B.Com(Accountancy)?
  18. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges?
15th December 2015, 12:01 AM
samsung1992

Default Re: Is it necessary to study both Statistics and Maths for Economics Honours?

No No, it won't create any hindrance in your upcoming future as well as in present. What you need to do is to keep studying hard and practice all those thongs you have studied so far. Since, you are enrolled in such subjects in which you can get a very good job positions if applied and get you job.
15th December 2015, 01:43 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study both Statistics and Maths for Economics Honours?

No it is not necessary. You just need to concentrate on your Hons Papers as that is the marks that will matter and will be given as your graduation percentage.
It does not matter whether you have statistics or Political Science as you will be termed as an Economics Graduate and you will be eligible for any job and any higher study that and Economics Graduate with Statistics is eligible for.
So you need not worry as having Statistics is not necessary for Economics Hons.
15th December 2015, 10:59 PM
rituja mukherjee

Economics hons. offered by university of Calcutta provides Economics as the honours paper, and mathematics/statistics/political science as pass papers. Since you have been given choice in paper selection, there is no such matter to worry about. There will be no issue in obtaining master degree too. As far as I know, I don't find anything that you need to worry about.
15th December 2015, 11:44 PM
samsung1992

See. if you want to go to the field that require statics as the course to be studied, then it will create the problem. Else if you are going to those job that do not require statistics then you are safe. So, it is based on your decision what you wanted to do.
18th December 2015, 10:11 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

No, it is not necessary to study both Statistics and Mathematics for Economics Honours candidates.
It does not matter that you have Statistics or Political Science as a subject as you will be an Economics Graduate and also you will be eligible for any job regarding your qualification.
So, you should not worry about the subjects and concentrate on your studies and score well in your Graduation
14th August 2022, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Should I keep Economic Honors if Maths is less?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?