28th June 2018, 12:12 PM
Gopireddy narendra KumaRe

Possibility to study MCom(Statistics) for BA(Statistics) student?

Sir, I am doing BA in Statistics course. After completing my BA, I want to do MCom in Statistics. Kindly let me know that is it possible for me to do MCom in Statistics after completing my BA? Waiting for your response!

1st July 2018, 10:06 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCom(Statistics) for BA(Statistics) student?

=> M.Com. Statistics or Master of Commerce in Statistics is a postgraduate Statistics course.

=> The duration of this course is two years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed bachelor of commerce with at least 50% from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in M.Com(Statistics) after completing BA(Statistics).
3rd July 2018, 05:09 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCom(Statistics) for BA(Statistics) student?

M.Com (Master of Commerce) in Statistics is a post graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 2 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying M.Com in Statistics is any graduation or bachelors level degree in commerce related subjects like statistics, accounts, commerce, maths, economics with minimum 50% from any recognised university.
The minimum percentage may vary based on the state & university.

Since you have studied your bachelors level degree in statistics you are eligible for studying M.Com in statistics.
The chances of studying M.Com statistics is high.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?