29th December 2015, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D in computer science after MCA?

I have done mca in 2011. Now I want to do phd in computer science. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!

30th December 2015, 09:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D in computer science after MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done mca in 2011. Now I want to do phd in computer science. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!
You have done MCA in 2011 so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science through GATE and UGC NET exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
31st December 2015, 08:18 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible to apply for PhD in Computer science after completing MCA. Students who hold a Post Graduate Degree in the computer science discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate are eligible to pursue the course. Admission is based on Written Test and Interview conducted by the respective university. Those who already qualify in the NET exam can directly apply for the interview.
1st January 2016, 12:00 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Master degree in Computer science is the qualification requirement to undergo PhD in Computer science. The qualification must be obtained from a reputed institution with minimum 50% marks. The selection of candidates will be based on the entrance exam UGC NET exam score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?