11th February 2015, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Application if I have completed MCA in commerce?

I have done master of computer application(MCA in commerce).Now i want to do phd in computer science or phd in computer application. i want to know that i am eligible for phd in computer science or phd in computer application?
If i am eligible than which universitiy is providing these courses in maharashtra

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  2. PhD in Computer Science is possible to do from IGNOU or not?
  3. Completed MCA after BSc in Computer Science Honors : Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Computer Science?
  4. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  6. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  7. Eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  8. Can I do PhD in Computer Science having 62% marks?
  9. How can I join B.ed in computer science after completing BSc computer science, MCA? Am I eligible after completing MCA, M.Phil but not MSc?
  10. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  11. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  12. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  13. Procedure to get Ph.D in Computer Application after MCA? Institutes for the same? Procedure to apply?
  14. How to do Ph.D in computer science after doing MCA(computer science)? Is Lovely professional university best for doing Ph.D?
  15. New topics for PhD in Computer Science
  16. From which university can I do Ph.d in Computer Science after completing MCA with 64%? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to do Ph.D computer science after finishing MCA
  18. Can I do Ph.D Computer Science(Correspondence or Regular) if I completed MCA 13 years back with 64% marks? Which university is the best and how to apply for Ph.D?
16th February 2015, 10:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Application if I have completed MCA in commerce?

You must have at least 55% marks in your MCA degree to become eligible for Ph.D admission. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. You have to appear for Ph.D entrance exam and personal interview to get admission. Those with good performance are selected for admission.

Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF or M.Phil qualification are exempted from the entrance exam and can apply for admission directly when the notification for admission is released. NET/SLET/JRF is accepted by every University in India for Ph.D admission. Hence, if possible try to clear any of these exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?