3rd November 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

PhD or job, which is better for M.Sc(Animal Science) student?

I am Nachiyar from Tamil Nadu. I am doing M.Sc in Animal Science and after that I am thinking to do PhD course. But I am in a dilemma whether to do PhD or move to do a job? Please suggest me.

Related Questions:
  1. Going through engineering way rather science is acceptable for PhD inn Physics
  2. Benefits of studying PhD in Nutritional Science for M.Sc (Nutrition and Food Science) student?
  3. Should I study PhD instead of job being an M.Sc(Nutrition) student?
  4. How to do Ph.D in computer science after doing MCA(computer science)? Is Lovely professional university best for doing Ph.D?
  5. Detailed information about PhD in Human Development & Family Study for M.Sc(Home Science) student?
  6. Colleges and universities which offer PhD course?
  7. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  8. Detailed information about PhD in Environmental Science course
  9. Guidelines for doing PhD in Life Science?
  10. Does Integrated PhD(Biological Science) of IISC include Master's Degree also? What kind of qualification and jobs I can get through this? Can I mention Doctor prefix to my name?
  11. PhD scholarship in Germany based upon my qualification?
  12. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD?
  14. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  15. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science in Australia for MCA postgraduate? Topic to study in PhD?
  16. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  17. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I do PhD in management if am from a science background before MBA? -- [New]
6th November 2016, 01:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD or job, which is better for M.Sc(Animal Science) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Nachiyar from Tamil Nadu. I am doing M.Sc in Animal Science and after that I am thinking to do PhD course. But I am in a dilemma whether to do PhD or move to do a job? Please suggest me.

The PhD course will help you mostly if you want to pursue your career in teaching field. For other professions, it is not necessary or compulsory to study PhD. The time and energy you put into to do PhD is high, so think of it and do it. So it is advisable to pursue job after M.Sc Animal Science course. If you want to pursue your career in teaching profession then you can take up PhD or you can pursue job. As per the study of the total number of students who enroll for a PhD only 50% end up completing their thesis. So think twice before you enrolling for a doctorate.
6th November 2016, 09:33 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD or job, which is better for M.Sc(Animal Science) student?

Since you are doing M.Sc in Animal Science, I would like to advise you to opt for the Ph.D course in the same as doing Ph.D in the same field will be more beneficial for aspirants.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
So, you must go for Ph.D course after M.Sc in Animal Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?