23rd November 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue Ph.D after post graduation in distance mode?

Can I pursue regular PhD if I have pursued distance mode post graduation I have done MCA? I am looking for a quick response from your side. Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. While working in RRB can I take up MSc?
  2. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  3. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  5. B.ed eligibility after getting less than 50% in post graduation?
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  7. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  8. How to do correspondence MSc in Chemistry from Punjab University? What is the procedure for admission?
  9. Where I can do the B.Ed course via distance mode after completion of Ph.D in Psychology?
  10. Can I do master degree through regular mode after pursuing graduation in distance mode after BSc ATHM? Names of the universities where I can pursue it?
  11. Is it necessary to pursue Post Graduation to study PhD course?
  12. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  13. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course?
  14. List of Universities providing Ph.D course in Biotechnology through distance mode?
  15. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  16. Ph.D in Personnel management through distance learning after post graduation in social sciences with 65% marks?
  17. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  18. From which university I should do distance PhD in Architectural & Urban Planning being a PG Diploma holder with 28 years of experience?
25th November 2015, 05:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue Ph.D after post graduation in distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I pursue regular PhD if I have pursued distance mode post graduation I have done MCA? I am looking for a quick response from your side. Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course through Distance education.

If you have completed MCA degree with above 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D course through GATE and UGC NET exam.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
25th November 2015, 11:56 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your university or college is approved by the UGC, then definitely you are eligible for PhD course after completing Master Degree through distance mode. Apart from this you need to score at least 55% of marks in Master Degree course to be eligible for PhD. You must undergo admission test in order to get PhD admission.
9th December 2015, 01:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As, you have completed your MA degree , therefore, you are very much eligible to opt for Ph.D course, however, you should keep one thing in mind that you must have scored a minimum of 55% at your PG level and should clear NET/SLET/JRF/GATE examination, to get admission in Ph.D course and your age should not be above the age of 28 years.

Now, below, I have mentioned the list of colleges where you can opt for distance Ph.D while doing a job in railways.
3rd January 2017, 11:09 AM
Sargeant
Member+

Yes, sure you can complete your Ph.D from regular university after completing your masters from distance university provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria too.

For that, IGNOU is one of the university for pursuing Ph.D well known to me.

Or you can opt you Ph.D both from distance education( open university).
General eligibility criteria is that you to secure minimum aggregate of 55% in your masters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?