17th April 2015, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to reappear in GATE to study PhD if completed M.Tech through it?

Hello everyone,
I have completed my M.Tech and
now I want to do PhD. I have done my
M.Tech bygiving GATE. So, still I have to appear
in GATE for PhD? Please reply to me immediately.

Related Questions:
22nd April 2015, 07:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to reappear in GATE to study PhD if completed M.Tech through it?

If you can clear exams like GATE/NET/SLET/JRF then you will have good chance of getting admission in a top institute/university of your choice. Hence, if you want to get admission in the best college for your Ph.D then it is better to reappear for GATE and qualify it with a good score, otherwise, you can also appear for Ph.D entrance exams which are conducted by the individual universities. You can get admission in Ph.D without GATE/NET/SLET/JRF also but it will be difficult to get admission in top institute.
23rd April 2015, 09:51 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to reappear in GATE to study PhD if completed M.Tech through it?

The validity of GATE score has been increased to three years from two years. Hence even after completion of your M.Tech course of two years, your GATE score will be valid for one more year. Thus, there is no need to reappear in GATE after completion of M.Tech course, you can utilize your old GATE score which will be valid for one more year in order to seek admission in your PhD course. If you want to improve your score to get better institutes, you can definitely reappear in GATE. Otherwise, if you take admission in PhD within one year after your M.Tech course, then you can utilize your old GATE score during admission process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?