23rd September 2015, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to study M.Tech to pursue PhD?

Dear Sir,
I am from Pune and I have completed my B.Tech. I want to do PhD now. So, I have to do M.Tech first for doing PhD? Please let me know asap.

27th September 2016, 05:46 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to study M.Tech to pursue PhD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am from Pune and I have completed my B.Tech. I want to do PhD now. So, I have to do M.Tech first for doing PhD? Please let me know asap.

It is not necessary to study M.Tech to pursue PhD. The B.E/B.Tech or equivalent qualified candidates with 70% marks and should qualified through national level GATE/CSIR/UGC NET/DST INSPIRE Fellowship are eligible to do PhD in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). So you can do PhD in IITs without pursuing M.Tech. But it is always advisable to study M.Tech and then apply for PhD program. Many suggest that it will be better to do PhD after Master’s Degree, so one will not get frustrated to finish the PhD program. The website link is IIT Delhi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?