23rd January 2014, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Syllabus for NET Life Science-Biotechnology? Minimum marks required to qualify?

what is the complete syllabus for NET for life science -biotechnology?
what is the minimum marks required to qualify NET exam?

28th January 2014, 09:13 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Syllabus for NET Life Science-Biotechnology? Minimum marks required to qualify?

C.S.I.R. ---- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research

Both CSIR and UGC holds the NET exam for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.The question basically consists of 3 papers as per the syllabus and scheme of the examination.

The CSIR UGC Life science examination shall consists of the 2 papers total.They are Paper I and Paper II.Each paper’s duration is about 2 ½ hours duration.The maximum of marks are of 200 Marks.In paper I there are Part A and Part B.

Part A consists of the 40 questions and all questions are from General science questions.You will need to attempt any 25 questions.And Part B consists of 100 questions,you can there attempt any 75 questions.

Paper II consists of 39-45 short answer type questions,they are all of descriptive answers.There will be one compulsory question of twenty marks.You will need to attempt 15 questions of 12 marks each.

It consists of Molecules and their interaction relevant to biology,Cellular organization,Cell communication and cell signalling,fundamental processes,Developmental Biology,System physiology-plant,Animal,Inheritance biology,ecological principles,diversity of life forms,Applied biology,evolution and behaviour,Methods in Biology and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?