26th November 2013, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?

Sir/Mam,
I had completed my BA(History)& MA(Human Rights). Now i want to do my Mphil. I could not able to find which university is offering Mphil(HumanRights). I need ur advice n, at what basis i can do my Mphil. In which major i can do my Mphil. I must do my Mphil at chennai. can u pls help me.

17th December 2013, 04:05 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Exclamation Re: University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?

Going for higher studies especially course like M.Phil has become a rare sight in modern world. In this money oriented world, everyone is running behind money by completing certain short term or professional courses which gives easy placement opportunities. In this circumstances, it is really good to see you aspire for M.Phill. There will be a great boost to the research as well as the teaching field if more and more people go for higher studies like Phd and M. Phil.

There are various universities which conduct m.Phil in Human Rights. However, the scope and universities that have this in India is comparatively lesser. The universities where you can pursue your M.Phil in Human Rights are as follows :-

→ Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune (Maharashtra)
→M.S. (Maharaja Sayajirao) University of Baroda : Faculty of Law, Vadodara (Gujarat)
→National Law School of India University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
→University of Calcutta, Kolkata (West Bengal)
→Bundelkhand University : Babu Jagjivan Ram Institute of Law, Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh)
→Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar (B.R.A.) Bihar University , Muzaffarpur (Bihar)
→Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (Delhi)
→S.N.D.T. Womens University, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
→The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi (Delhi)
→Justin Basheer Ahmed Sayeed Women’s College, Chennai

The M.Phil course contains →
Paper – 1 : Research Methodology
Paper – 2 : ABC of Human Rights
Paper – 3 : Human Rights and Peace /Human Rights Education

You should do M.Phil in Human Rights since this was your discipline of study from the graduation level. Apart from these you can also do M.Phil in Human Development. You can get into M.Phil course through an entrance exam and then a panel interview. In some universities,they take students only by seeing the Master Degree score and interviewing the candidates. However,you should keep in mind that there is reservation as per the government rules and also the internal rules of the university or state like women reservation,reservation for state candidates,etc.

All the Best for your future.
14th February 2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?

Hello sir, I Have completed my mba in hr from smude last year. i want to do mphil plz gide me about and some colleges name
9th May 2014, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?

Sir I had finished my MBA(hr) in 2010. Now I wish to do M phil. Is it possible to do in distance education ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?