24th September 2015, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

What exams are need to be qualified for doing Ph.D. from IITS?

Sir/madam, i am in 2nd year of integrated M.Sc chemistry. I want to know that what exams i need to qualify to do Ph.D. from IITS?

25th September 2015, 01:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What exams are need to be qualified for doing Ph.D. from IITS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam, i am in 2nd year of integrated M.Sc chemistry. I want to know that what exams i need to qualify to do Ph.D. from IITS?
After completion of M.Sc in Chemistry, you are eligible for Ph.D course in IIT but you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
25th September 2015, 06:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What exams are need to be qualified for doing Ph.D. from IITS?

You can apply for exams like NET/GATE/SET/JRF to become eligible for PH.D admission in reputed institutes like IITs. If you have qualified any of the above exams then you have good chance of getting admission.

If you have at least 5 years of experience in relevant field or a M.Phil qualification then also you have good chance of getting admission in IITs without appearing for any entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?